Thursday, July 22, 2010

The joys of Mexico...

So, on this day that we have run out of running water here at Casita Camila (we have large containers on the roof) *sigh*, so in contrast to this big bummer, I thought I'd show you some of the funnier things I've seen here in Oaxaca.

(I should say though, I was able to get a quick shower in last night - woot! - and I DO have drinking water, not to fear! And... it's fairly common to have water shortages here in Oaxaca.)


Zak & Jake acting out the Los Danzantes carvings (the ones of the mutilated dead guys).


Zak making sure that his friend Travis is enjoying the trip too! (that's an old-fashioned clothespin painted as Travis he's holding next to some pottery shards).

The totally awesome neon lit Virgin Mary at the church in Tequixtepec (7/20/10).

Same church with their awesome neon lit Saint Michael at the alter. I wonder if they are taking new members at the church? Seems like my kind of joint! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment