Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Where's Waldo?

If you find him, can you see if he has my luggage?

*sigh*

No joke, every single person in my group had their checked luggage delayed (that's at least 25 pieces of baggage, people! 25!)... KLM got the bags to Amsterdam no problem, but Air Maroc apparently has issues... Big ones. Bought a pair of very cool sandals and shirt and sharing toiletries for the last 3 days since I had to carry-on the photo equipment. Joy. BUT, I am not alone in my lost luggage misery... We should get our bags tonight, but won't believe until I see it.

Arrived to Casablanca late Sunday, drove to Ifrane on Monday and have been here at the the university since then... Had first Arabic class today. Lord help me. Very interesting, but not easy, and I *swear* teachers are the worst students. A couple people in my group just don't get it (i.e. shut up when the professor is instructing!)... But Inshallah it will get better.

My brain is alittle swimming in that sense, since I know neither French nor Arabic, so I am mentally tired. Physically notsomuch, thank God for Ambien! More later, some pics when I get my cords (in the checked bags).

2 comments:

  1. Man I hope you get your luggage...what a pain! Luggage Prayers sent your way! So glad you are there safe! Stay safe, relax and have fun! -Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you got your luggage! I can't even imagine how lost you must feel in an Arabic class :)

    ReplyDelete